Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. HoumanA

HoumanA Bit poster

Hi have the same problem as others. My mac malfunctioned and was replaced by apple. I am now not able to use the licence key on my new mac.
    Thank you for your help!

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

3. MohamedH1

MohamedH1 Bit poster

I also am having the same issue. Completely erased old lapop and sold it, got a new MacBook pro and installed Parallels. Its saying "You have reached the maximum number of activations available".

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Try to activate again.

5. MohamedH1

MohamedH1 Bit poster

Thank you! It worked.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

7. Lindhorst

Lindhorst Bit poster

Same problem here. After the logic board failed on my old Mac I purchased a new MacBook Pro. Transferred all data and programs from the TimeMachine backup to the new Mac. When I try to start Parallels I get this error message and cannot activate Parallels. Thank you for any help in advance

Michael

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Lindhorst , we have made the changes.
    Please follow the instructions below:
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

9. Lindhorst

Lindhorst Bit poster

In terminal I could activate my licence. Many thanks for your support.
    Michael

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:

11. Lindhorst

Lindhorst Bit poster

Due to my bad english, you misunderstood me. I wanted to say: I successfully managed to activate my license with the terminal command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". Thanks again

Michael

12. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    I tried the terminal command but I received this message:
    [image: Inline image 1]
    Please help!
    upload_2018-2-2_21-12-4.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please check our private message.

14. DavidH33

DavidH33 Bit poster

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Signed out of old computer, restarted parallels on new computer, tried the terminal command and it still won't activate.

I'm getting the following in Terminal: Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.

15. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello DavidH33, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

16. DavidH33

DavidH33 Bit poster

It's working now, thanks!

17. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

18. ShannonR

ShannonR Bit poster

Hi, I just got a new MacBook and I am unable to install Parallels 11. I get the following message, "
    Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

19. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ShannonR , we have made the changes, please try to activate now.

20. BillP5

BillP5 Bit poster

Hi Arun, I am seeing this problem as well -- and in my case the problem is coming about one an existing installation with a new logic board. Here's what I've tried:
    1. Logged into the website to verify I own 2 Parallels licenses
    2. Tried each license key in the activation window, but got the same "Unable to confirm" result
    3. Ran "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" in a Terminal window but got the same result
    Suggestions?