Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. We've deactivated it, please check the issue and let us know the results.

2. AlbertoP1

AlbertoP1 Bit poster

Hi, I've got my Parallels 11 license and changed my laptop (from a MBA to a MBP) but I am getting a 'You have reached the maximum number of activations available' when activating the product. Can you please help me ?

3. Hi, we've reset your key, please check the issue.

4. DavidC14

DavidC14 Bit poster

hard to believe customers are relegated to using this thread to reset a key. same for me please.

5. mysticcoder

mysticcoder Junior Member

And for me. When having hardware issues you end up jumping around different logic boards. There's a bunch of reasons to move between computers. I can understand only allowing one computer at a time (although lame and money hungry as that is, it's apparently the EULA) however there really seems to be no way to actually remove the key (as Parallels says it will if you choose to do so) and apply it to another computer, instead you're counting activations total and blocking users. Surely you can improve this and actually allow moving the key between computers.
    Anyhow, can you please reset my key. Thanks.

6. Hey, it has been reset, please check.
    Also now you can reset your license using this KB

7. We've reset it. please check.

8. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

I have the double bad luck to own a MacBook Pro which needed a motherboard card change twice recently, and a Parallels Desktop 10 activation key which therefore doesn't work anymore. :(
    Can you reset it please?
    Thanks

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

10. magaretz

magaretz Bit poster

I have installed a new hard drive for mac book pro, I did a clean install, and now I can not re install Parallels 10 because of these message
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.

12. ShawniP

ShawniP Bit poster

I need my license key reset and cannot for the life of me figure out how to send a private message. Please let me know how to do this.

13. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ShawniP,
    We sent you a private message, you can check it in your inbox under your user login, Inbox icon is locate at the top right side on this page.

14. RaymondB2

RaymondB2 Bit poster

i have the same problem, apple replaced mother board and erased hard drive. I did a restore using time machine and i am now told i have exceeded my activations even though i said i wanted to deactivate the old machine and install on new.

15. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi RaymondB2,
    Please check your private message and provide us the information & we'll be happy to help you out with it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  16. DustinR1

DustinR1 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue as described above. I've uninstalled parallels on my old machine, but have reached the maximum number of activations (likely due to repeated logic board replacements with the old computer).

17. Prof.D1

Prof.D1 Bit poster

Like all others in this forum: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"
    Have moved to a new MacBook.
    Could you please reset my license key so i can activate on the new laptop?

18. Prof.D1

Prof.D1 Bit poster

Parallels Support: Anyone listening here?
    Moving to a new Mac I need to have my license key reset. Cannot work while activation gets refused. No option to de-activate Parallels Desktop 10 on old Mac. No movement option anywhere.

19. Dishant@Parallels

Hello Prof.D1,
    Please check your private message and provide us the necessary information and we'll check it for you.

20. Dishant@Parallels

Hello Dustin,
    Could you please check your private message and provide us the details asked there so that we can have this fixed for you.