Parallels Desktop 11, Windows 7, USB, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidA4, Feb 4, 2016.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Has anyone gotten a Blue Screen of Death when using the USB connected to a Windows 7 virtual machine running under Parallels Desktop 11? In the blue screen that I get I can see the following:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I'm feeling pretty hopeless about this problem.

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello David,
    1. Follow this article to reinstall Parallels Tools
    2. Then follow this article which would fix this issue.

3. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Thanks. However, I've been in contact with Parallels support - over the phone - and after a lengthy troubleshooting session and sending dump data to the support engineers it has been determined that the problem is within Parallels itself and therefore a new release would be needed to fix this particular USB issue. So, hopefully, that will occur reasonably soon. At this time I'll have to stick with using my dedicated Windows 7 machine.

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi David, please subscribe this article to view the changes in the upcoming builds.

5. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Thanks for the link. I just updated to 11.1.3 (32521) - but it seems this has not resolved the USB problem. The case I opened (I believe) was #2235776 - although I was told this case was closed. At this time I am unable to use Parallels and must continue to use a dedicated Windows machine for my work. I hope the update after this one addresses this problem.

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I haven't heard back from Parallels regarding this issue. I bought Parallels Desktop 11 in Nov. of 2015 - the USB never worked properly. I don't use Parallels for USB tasks.

7. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @DavidA4, the issue that you have reported is already escalated to the Engineering team. Please subscribe to the above mentioned KB article for any update on this.

8. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Has the latest update fixed this problem? A little over four months have past since I wrote a ticket for this issue.

9. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Looks like this update has NOT fixed the USB problem I've had since I purchased Paralles Desktop. Should I assume this will never get fixed? I'd like some feedback - it has been a VERY long time. The problem STILL exists.