Parallels Desktop 12 and McAfee EPO

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StuartM5, May 11, 2017.

1. StuartM5

StuartM5 Bit poster

Hi all, I've just started at a new company and have been asked to setup parallels on a mac with windows 10. We use McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6 which installs McAfee Agent for Windows 4.8.0, which I have also never used.

I've installed parallels and setup windows 10, added it to the domain etc. It was all going swimmingly until I tried to deploy the McAfee agent to the VM through AD. the VM shows on EPO ok but will not install. We do have it on other windows 10 machines so that isn't the issue.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Will it go onto a parallels VM or am I onto plums?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I'm not sure that I understand the issue correctly, but may be you could try to switch to Bridged networking

3. StuartM5

StuartM5 Bit poster

Basically what i'm asking is does McAfee Agent for Windows 4.8.0 install onto a parallels VM windows 10 machine from a central EPO server?

thanks

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @StuartM5 , do you get any error messages? If yes, please help us with the screen shots, so that we can get a clear picture about this.