parallels desktop 12 for mac with boot camp and windows 7 installation issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LeeT2, Sep 23, 2016.

1. LeeT2

LeeT2 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5, with boot camp installed with Windows 7 and am trying to install Parallels desktop 12 for mac, but it keeps hanging up. Issues 1. Boot camp is not listed as an option, so I follow the instructions to make sure it is there (yes), and install manually, and get as far as Virtual Machine Configuration screen [Windows 7, CPUs 2, Memory: 512 MB, Disk space: 128 GB] , but when I click on configure, I get a black window with a spinning dial that never stops. If I click continue, I get an error message saying
    "The amount of memory allocated to this virtual machine (1024 MB) is outside the recommended range. Do you want to change it back to the recommended value? For best performance, it is recommended to allocate between 512 and 0 MB. Allocating memory outside of this range may slow down both the virtual machine and your mac."​
    I don't understand - isn't more, better? I also get another spinning dial saying
    "Please wait... and if I click Change, I get a message saying Unable to load the Parallels driver. Restart your Mac and try again. "​
    I have sent a problem report, but would really like this answered. Thanks, Lee

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017