Parallels Desktop 17: cannot directly drag files between Ubuntu 22.04 VM and the Mac host

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by HongL1, May 18, 2022.

1. HongL1

HongL1 Bit poster

This only deals with the new Ubuntu 22.04 VM, and I make a copy of a file in the VM, I cannot drag it with the mouse to the host's Finder window, or vice versa. The file drag-and-dropping works fine with Ubuntu 20.04 VM and the Mac host. Please note that I'm using a 2019 Mac Book Pro with Intel CPU, and refer to report ID 398032237 for technical settings.

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello HongL1, Please follow the steps mentioned below. to fix the drag files between Ubuntu 22.04 VM.
    1. Start Parallels Workstation.
    2. In the sidebar, select the virtual machine and click Virtual Machine > Configure > Options > Advanced.
    3. Select Share clipboard.

3. HongL1

HongL1 Bit poster

Please see attached --- it does not seem to have an "advanced" option here by going through the categories on the left bar. Is it in another place?

Attached Files:

4. HongL1

HongL1 Bit poster

Please note that it works on another Ubuntu 20.04 VM to copy/paste files between it and the Mac host.
    This Ubuntu 22.04 VM was fine when it was in v20.04 release, then hit this copy/paste problem after the upgrade.

5. DavidS143

DavidS143 Bit poster

Has this been resolved? I am having the same problem with an Ubuntu 22.04 VM on a 2019 Macbook Pro with an Intel processor.

RamP likes this.