Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 11994 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac build 11994 contains bug fixes and enhancements that improve the overall performance of Parallels Desktop 6. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

This update improves the general performance, stability, and compatibility of virtual machines, including fix that resolves compatibility issues with Mac OS X 10.6.5 and 10.6.6.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/9719

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. lotii

lotii Junior Member

I'll be blunt - with all of the problems with the 11992 version I would appreciate detail on why users should take the risk and install this update. FWIW I for one won't be updating anything until:

a. I have some technical reasons (from Parallels) as to why the previous release created so much head-ache;
    b. I have some evidence of this updates reliability;

Not a criticism - just an observation! :)

3. StephenA

StephenA Member

does it work with Windows 7 SP1?

4. trimegistro

trimegistro Member

That's the question we are all asking...?

5. Michael Spurlock

Michael Spurlock Bit poster

Installed 11994 yesterday. Now I have a new problem. After running it and then starting up a Win 7 SP 1 system and then shutting it down, one of the prl_vm_app processes continues to run and takes 85-100% of a CPU and it does this until I Force Stop it in Activity Monitor. This is not due to putting a VM in standby and it writing the RAM out to disk, since I am fully shutting down all VMs completely. The prl_vm_app does not go haywire until the VMs are all shut down.

6. Michael Spurlock

Michael Spurlock Bit poster

More Info - Sample

Here is the sample of the process attached plus screen shot of the process details.

Attached Files:

7. StephenA

StephenA Member

Ugh, I'm still running the 11826 build for fear of upgrading due to all the problems I keep seeing. Was hoping this one would be better. I'm going to hold off a bit more until I see more feedback on this build. Can't believe their release notes tell you nothing about what was fixed!

8. Jimcamel

Jimcamel Bit poster

I have updated to 11994 from ****2 and now I am crashing repeatedly in Win 7 with a BSOD.

I am backing up my VM now; I have done a system restore within the VM to Feb 23.

If I want to revert back to an earlier Parallels version .... do I just mount the dmg file for it and re-run it over top of what I have now or do I need to delete the .app first ?

jc

9. MoonCollider

MoonCollider Bit poster

Dmitriy - please can you provide a detailed list of changes?
    There is nothing specific listed at all. If you've only made a couple of fixes - great! But do please identify them.

I had had no problems with the previous version, but in a complex bit of software like this new bugs will always creep in, so I only want to upgrade for a clear reason - I use this for business and can't afford the time otherwise. I'll stick with my old version for now!

10. TonyP

TonyP Bit poster

I am astounded by the lack of a response from the originator of this post, Dmitriy. To address the group with "Dear Users" seems insulting since you have not made any public responses to users' concerns. We are customers, and as such we expect some sort of accountability from the Parallels team.
    I am writing this post as I wait for my VM to shut down, after having choked in the midst of a session. Still hanging, so I will have to Force Quit--again.
    I shan't even bother posting a ticket, as it seems that the Parallels team is unable (unwilling?) to address all the similar incidents which have already been reported on these forums at length (at ad nauseum).
    EXTREMELY Frustrated...

11. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Still running 11828

Still rock solid.

12. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

Same for me

13. JosephFIsh

JosephFIsh Bit poster

After update to win7 sp1, Parallels no longer recognizes boot camp partition.

I am now in hour 4 recovering. Parallels stopped recognizing my boot camp partition. I was running Win7 64bit with no issues previously.

14. ZzzzU

ZzzzU Bit poster

Osx 10.7

Are you working on this?
    It kind of s*cks to no longer be able to use Parallels
    It was an expensive investment, and I should be able to use it!

15. BullsEye

BullsEye Bit poster

I was on 11828 for >6 months with no problems then upgraded to 11994. What a disaster that was. Within days I started having issues with the vm (Win XP) not shutting down, getting the registry error and Prl_cc.exe not terminating. To top it all off, my vm became corrupt. Luckly I had the original vm backup but that meant having to go through hours of Window's upgrading and reinstalling Office and other software. I use Oops!Backup which meant I had all my files but still this was a mess at 6 hours of work to get my system back to normal. My company migrated to Google Apps for email so little was lost there. Like others here, after reinstalling Parallels, I'm staying at 11828. If it wasn't for the calendar sync issue in Office 2011 for Mac and the seldom use of company software that I demo 1-2x a month, I'd never use Windows!!! Once the calendar sync issue is fixed, I'm tearing Parallels and Windows off my Mac and will just get a small cheap laptop for demoing the company software.

16. PaulS

PaulS Bit poster

Cannot even recover the disk anymore

Had quite a few issues since this last update.a

Now come in this morning to advise that it cannot read the disk ( error=5) i believe.

Rebooting trying safe mode first then recovery mode etc to perform chkdsk /r etc says that the volume contains one or more unrecoverable problems.

Are you kidding me?

I have been having a few issues over the past few months where i could not recover disk space and stuff but to now tell me that the disk is full stuffed blows.

The last few updates have been causing me stability issues anyway.....guess it's time to move to something reliable considering I use this for work every day.

anyway....not looking for answers but it sure would be nice to know if other peeps have been seeing some corruption of disk issues with the latest build.

17. NealF

NealF Bit poster

Just upgraded from Parallels 5 to 6

First off, I wish that I had read this thread before I upgraded. I could have saved myself a bunch of money and had a working version of Parallels. Anyway, I just upgraded to 6 and then upgraded one of my VM's from XP to Windows 7. Now I have no internet connectivity in Win 7 and no Network adapters in the Device manager. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do to get an internet connection working please? You all seem to be experienced if not disgruntled Parallels users and the Parallels team has stopped responding to people in the thread on the topic.

Many Thanks.

18. EmilyL

EmilyL Junior Member

Parallels used to stop recognizing my boot camp partition.[​IMG]

19. David Ward Jr

David Ward Jr Bit poster

We are having the same problem.

I've bought a $54.00 - 3 Time Phone Support Ticket. I was on the phone for 3 hours and I still have the problem. They are supposed to get back in contact with me tomorrow to address the problem again. I hope they can figure it out. My Parallels will not even turn on again.