Parallels Desktop 7 - Ubuntu 11.04 guest hang on resume from sleep.

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by RawDigits, Sep 20, 2011.

1. PSR0437

PSR0437 Bit poster

The same with openSuse 11.x / its the VM not the Linux

Hi all, I used Parallels Desktop 6 + Parallels Tools on OpenSuse 11.3 on Snow Tiger. When I upgraded to Lion recently the VM did not resume when I closed the Laptop lid of my MacbookPro. This worked fine on Parallels Desktop 5 and 6 on Snow tiger. I thought is must be an incompatibilty between the new Lion OS and the Desktop 6 and parallels tools in Linux. So I purchased a new Desktop 7 license and upgraded, also installed new Parallels Tools in my openSUSE linux but the result is still the same. Linux does not wake up (the Mac does not go to sleep mode at all now) and when I open the lid I find pro_vm_app using almost 200% CPU time (have 2 CPUs assigned to the VM). So from what I read here I conclude the problem is independent from the Linux OS (!!) as many here report problems using Ubuntu. As it started to happen after the upgrade to Lion it must be a general incompatibility between Parallels Desktop 6 and 7 and Lion. I also tested by installing openSUSE 11.4 and installed a new Parallels Tools but the result is the same! It would be great of Parallels gets this fixed soon. Its annoying to shoot down and start linux every time before closing the Laptop lid.

2. JosephY

JosephY Bit poster

3. ArionL

ArionL Bit poster

This bug appears to be fixed for me in the latest update (Revision 710728; November 11, 2011). My Ubuntu Linux VM didn't hang when I resumed from sleep just now. Yay.

4. Xaxxon

Xaxxon Junior Member

Worked for me the first time. I'll do some more testing to see if it's consistant now.