Parallels Desktop does not follow security settings in Catalina

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoeB21, Jun 8, 2020.

1. JoeB21

JoeB21 Bit poster

When I first installed Parallels Desktop 15 on macOS 10.15 I was asked whether I wanted to allow access to Desktop, Download, and Documents on the host. I granted permission. Now, I want to revoke some of these permissions (and I understand that some of the features may not work). So I did the following:

tccutil reset All

After restarting, as expected, I get asked (via a macOS dialog box) if I want to provide access to Desktop or Downloads but I don't get asked about access to Documents. Parallels continues having access to Documents (as I am able to share it and see the content in VMs if I want to).

I do know that I can stop sharing the Documents folder through the VM settings and I do know that disallowing Parallels to have access to Documents may break many things, but I want to be in charge and be able to control this at macOS level and I want to know how Parallels still manages to have access to Documents folder.