Parallels Desktop for Mac 12 and Time Machine settings bug

Marco_Spadafora

Bit poster
I just bought the update, and checked the configuration settings of my VM (Win10).

In Backup is notice that that the option "Do not back up with Time Machine is checked."
I uncheck it.
Close the settings.
Reopen them.
It lost the setting (it is still checked).
 
I am also encountering this problem having upgraded a Windows XP VM from Parallels 8 to Parallels 12. I also tried locking the configuration and changing the setting with and without the VM running - no luck.

While a resolution is being developed, do you have a recommended workaround to ensure the VM is being backed up?
 
you can copy the .pvm file for you virtual machine to an external drive. This will be a working copy of the virtual machine to ensure you have a backup. I do this anyway as a second backup and so i can just copy a vm over without restoring a time machine backup.
 
Back
Top