Parallels Desktop freezes on Windows 10 with Data Exchange between MS Excel and Access

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ioannis2, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Ioannis2

Ioannis2 Bit poster

Hello,

I am running Parallels Desktop (v13.3.2) for MacOS High Sierra. I have recently started writing VBA scripts in Excel 2016 to transfer data between MS Excel and MS Access. Since then, Parallels freezes often whenever VBA downloads data from MS Access to MS Excel. Parallels may work fine for an hour or two when the VBA scripts are running, but then it freezes haphazardly. When this happens, the multi-coloured spinning ball appears and Parallels freezes. When Parallels is then manually terminated and restarted, Windows usually comes back in the state it previously was, but with some problems (e.g. in a dual-screen system the screens are reversed).

Prior to implementing these scripts, Parallels was running mostly OK (although it still froze when a large number of data were downloaded from the Internet; however, it had no problems with other MS Office products like Word, or with activities like regular browsing on the Internet).

Parallels is currently running with 2 CPUs (3 GHz), 7,5 GB RAM, 256MB Video RAM (recommended settings).

Any ideas on what may be causing the regular freezes on calling VBA scripts and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Ioannis2, can you please send us a Technical Data collected right your open MS Excel and Access (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

3. Ioannis2

Ioannis2 Bit poster

Hi Paul Chris,

The issue is already looked at by the Development Team (id 2527926). I have provided them with the log files required and waiting for their reply.