Parallels Desktop future direction

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Verne, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Verne

Verne Bit poster

It would really be nice if Parallels could fill us in on Parallels Mac Desktop future direction:

On the Intel host architecture, what client architectures will be supported? What operating systems under each client architecture?

On the ARM host architecture, what client architectures will be supported? What operating systems under each client architecture?

I realize these are early days, but it would be useful to know (for planning purposes) what purchasing decisions should be made in terms of Mac hardware.

I'd like to purchase the new Intel iMac when it comes out to allow me Boot Camp for native Windows game play, especially now that Mac 32 bit has been disabled killing a large proportion of the already meager selection of Mac games, but it would also be nice to know if Windows clients will be supported on ARM based Macs through emulated virtualization, either as a full Windows experience or by using emulation/transcoding of Windows binaries and a service routing/translation layer.

Curious minds would like to know Parallels thinking on future direction.

-- Thanks, Verne

2. Hello,
    please check this KB article for more information.
    Also you can add any suggestions or feature requests at this thread.
    Thank you for your cooperation with us.