Parallels Desktop in Full Screen hide the Menu Bar, even when it is not supposed to

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by brosenz, May 30, 2022.

1. brosenz

brosenz Bit Poster

I use all my apps in Full Screen Mode, I have in System Preferences the option:

"Automatically hide and show the menu bar in full screen" = Disabled (uncheck)

The Menu Bar always show active with all the full screen apps, but in Parallels Desktop, when I switch to Parallels Desktop, the Menu Bar will be active, but as soon as I move the mouse (anywhere), move only, not even click, and the Menu Bar will disappear, any idea why this is happening? Thanks

2. DouglasC12

DouglasC12 Bit Poster

I'm wondering if you ever found a fix for this? Thanks.

3. AlexS58

AlexS58 Bit Poster

Thank you for posting this. It appears to be a bug. Happens every time I boot up Windows 11 ARM on my M1. Hopefully Parallels can give some insight.

4. DouglasC12

DouglasC12 Bit Poster

I have a support ticket/been exchanging email w Parallels, no luck yet, will reply here if I learn anything useful.

5. CaioV1

CaioV1 Bit Poster

Same problem here

6. AlexS58

AlexS58 Bit Poster

Hey all - this seems to have been fixed with Parallels 18

7. DouglasC12

DouglasC12 Bit Poster

Agreed, I no longer see this issue. I had no luck with my support ticket w/Parallels (admittedly this is probably because I was reluctant to setup a session to allow them to monitor my screen), but am glad it's been resolved.