Hello,
Couldn't wait and had to try to update to 4 - despite the doomsayers on the forums. Oh well. Parallels folks, I submitted a problem through application and was given #16408.
Here's the deal; was warned at the end of step 2, 3, 4 in update of virtual machine process that I would have to proceed manually. Selected ok and was returned to the VM where it had gone into screensaver mode. Clicked 'okay' in guest OS to see desktop. In all cases was presented with Windows has found New Hardware dialogue, but in two of three cases, the automated upgrade screen took over right away on the following step. At the end of the process the updater reported that my virtual machine had been updated successfully.
Now, VM starts and I am able to use mouse, keyboard etc., but am initially bombarded with a large number of "New Hardware" dialogues. None of the three options (Search, Ignore, Cancel) allow me to successfully update device drivers and I am unable to successfully install Parallels Tools. I am able to launch the installer, but it "rolls back" every time it reaches the point of "registering".
Fairly standard version of Windows Vista Business SP1 although a couple of interesting notes; 1. It looks as though it wants me to activate Windows again (already did that in PDM 3) and I haven't done it yet (don't really want to until I know that I won't have to reinstall Parallels); 2. The machine is part of a domain, but I am a domain admin and local admin
I am pretty crippled right now because the VM will says the ethernet controller is one of the devices I need to update the driver for and it is currently not working.
Anyone have any advice?!
-G
Couldn't wait and had to try to update to 4 - despite the doomsayers on the forums. Oh well. Parallels folks, I submitted a problem through application and was given #16408.
Here's the deal; was warned at the end of step 2, 3, 4 in update of virtual machine process that I would have to proceed manually. Selected ok and was returned to the VM where it had gone into screensaver mode. Clicked 'okay' in guest OS to see desktop. In all cases was presented with Windows has found New Hardware dialogue, but in two of three cases, the automated upgrade screen took over right away on the following step. At the end of the process the updater reported that my virtual machine had been updated successfully.
Now, VM starts and I am able to use mouse, keyboard etc., but am initially bombarded with a large number of "New Hardware" dialogues. None of the three options (Search, Ignore, Cancel) allow me to successfully update device drivers and I am unable to successfully install Parallels Tools. I am able to launch the installer, but it "rolls back" every time it reaches the point of "registering".
Fairly standard version of Windows Vista Business SP1 although a couple of interesting notes; 1. It looks as though it wants me to activate Windows again (already did that in PDM 3) and I haven't done it yet (don't really want to until I know that I won't have to reinstall Parallels); 2. The machine is part of a domain, but I am a domain admin and local admin
I am pretty crippled right now because the VM will says the ethernet controller is one of the devices I need to update the driver for and it is currently not working.
Anyone have any advice?!
-G