Parallels Desktop V27 on apple silicon

JohnS112

Bit poster
I just installed the latest Version 27.0.1 (58670) of Parallels on my Apple M4 Max and am very disappointed. The video performance in my virtual W11 machine has gotten much worse with noticeable time lags in commands and view changes, as well as picking items and confirmation highlights. I sue this to run Solidworks 2026 and it ran fairly well in the previous V26 environment. I was excited with this new release in that it talked specifically about improvements in openGL support + performance but have found the opposite to be true.

It does not appear as though there any new configuration changes I could be making to take better advantage of this new build.

Any thoughts from the community??

Thank you!
 
I just installed the latest Version 27.0.1 (58670) of Parallels on my Apple M4 Max and am very disappointed. The video performance in my virtual W11 machine has gotten much worse with noticeable time lags in commands and view changes, as well as picking items and confirmation highlights. I sue this to run Solidworks 2026 and it ran fairly well in the previous V26 environment. I was excited with this new release in that it talked specifically about improvements in openGL support + performance but have found the opposite to be true.

It does not appear as though there any new configuration changes I could be making to take better advantage of this new build.

Any thoughts from the community??

Thank you!
Hello John,

We are sorry about your experience.
We have created a ticket to assist you with this issue and will contact you at js******@r*c.com with further updates.

Best regards.
 
+1 on this issue, a workaround is to enable software opengl in solidworks settings, this fixes the viewport not updating issue but the performance on large assemblies is much worse than it was on v26
 
Back
Top