Parallels doesn't remember Desktop Assignment

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JohnZo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

Using Lion with Parallels 6.0.12094. Assign Parallels to a specific Desktop greater than 1 via Mission Control. Reboot the Mac with Reopen windows when logging back in and Parallels opens in Desktop 1.

Is this a known issue?

2. KnutO

KnutO Bit poster

Same problem here

I also have the same problem.

3. mmontec

mmontec Bit poster

Any News

Any news on this? The thread has been open for over a year and still nothing? I'm (obviously) having the same problem.

4. lisisas

lisisas Bit poster

!

Your Parallels doesn't remember Desktop Assignment? Yes it is a problem!

5. zjgolf44

zjgolf44 Bit poster

Hmmmmmmmm - I was running Parallels 7 right up until last week and I though it did a good job of remember desktops. In fact, I was rather accustom to it. But installed Parallels 8 this week and now it all seems to have gone away.

Thoughts:
    - Is it a Parallesls 8 issue? (or at least an issue with certain versions?)
    - Or is it a problem with the way I installed Parallels, missing a step, not turning a setting, etc...

Help, I'm going nuts now that this started not working for me !?!

6. terrapin

terrapin Bit poster

Have the same problem with PD8 - Mt. Lion. Had this problem since PD7-Snow Leopard. Hoped the 'upgrade' would provide a fix. It didn't. PD totally ignores any space (desktop) assignment and will always open in space #1. It also seems as if the PD team is totally ignoring the issue. There are posts describing this bug going back almost 3 years. This is extremely irritating and unacceptable. I regret my decision to purchase this application. Goodbye PD.