Periodically when I run Parallels I get a strange error message. I think this started when I upgraded from 8 to 9. It did not get corrected even when I upgraded from OSX 10.8 to 10.9, and then purchased a new laptop (needed more room) and migrated everything to the new machine that came with Mavericks pre-installed just a couple of weeks ago.
Every so often Parallels says Error: USBExpressCardCantWake_Huawei.kext cannot be used it is not installed properly please reinstall it. Well I never installed it in the first place - I have no idea what this is and what it does and why I get the error message. If it is a system component it certainly should be installed properly with the new OS! I can't clearly find a problem yet regarding how it affects Parallels. I was having a problem reading USB devices but I had a hardware problem with the machine that was fixed. I don't think it was a Parallels problem. I haven't rechecked USB devices on this new machine with Parallels yet - they work fine with the Mac itself.
Has anyone seen this weird error? What is it? What does it mean? What should be done about it?
Every so often Parallels says Error: USBExpressCardCantWake_Huawei.kext cannot be used it is not installed properly please reinstall it. Well I never installed it in the first place - I have no idea what this is and what it does and why I get the error message. If it is a system component it certainly should be installed properly with the new OS! I can't clearly find a problem yet regarding how it affects Parallels. I was having a problem reading USB devices but I had a hardware problem with the machine that was fixed. I don't think it was a Parallels problem. I haven't rechecked USB devices on this new machine with Parallels yet - they work fine with the Mac itself.
Has anyone seen this weird error? What is it? What does it mean? What should be done about it?