Parallels installation ruined Boot Camp configuration

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ZeevM, May 26, 2016.

1. ZeevM

ZeevM Bit poster

Hi!!
    I have a brand new MacBook Pro, installed Windows 10, ans was able to run windows without any problems, using a nice screen resolution, keyboard special keys and backlight and mouse double tap and scroll functions.
    I installed Parallels, and running the Windows partition as virtual machine works nice with all above.
    However running the partition directly I don't have any of the above, some programs have a strange resolution, I cannot use right click directly from the mousepad, etc...
    Thanks!

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello ZeevM,
    Installing the Parallels tools on your boot camp based Virtual Machine should improve the resolution and help with the smooth operation of Windows on Mac. Try and let us know how it works.

3. ZeevM

ZeevM Bit poster

Hi Sasti, thanks for the answer, I did it but no changes.
    Just to clarify, when I run the windows inside MAC OS using parallels everything is OK, the problem occurs when I run the windows directly, everything worked perfect before installing Parallels.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ZeevM, we would recommend you to remove your Bootcamp based Windows 10 virtual machine from your Mac completely and then check on your Native Bootcamp, if it works configure your Bootcamp based Windows 10 virtual machine again and reinstall Parallels Tools.

5. ZeevM

ZeevM Bit poster

Thanks, did so, didn't work, downloaded bootcamp drivers for windows from Apple site, had a few problems re-installing it, at the end installed the ones that I thought I needed and now it's working.
    Re-installed the Bootcamp partition at parallels and now the only problem (and that's a big one) I see is "Activation failed..." when I run the windows in Paralelles, running the windows directly it's OK. This is the full error message:
    Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001
    Any help? (The previous problem was solved, I don't have it now).

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ZeevM,
    Try entering the generic product key for your edition:
    Click Start, type: CMD
    Right click CMD
    Click Run as adminstrator
    At the command prompt, type the following commands:
    slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (allows you to replace the current product key with the specified)
    xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - represents your product key
    Hit Enter on your keyboard
    Exit the command prompt
    Restart your computer
    Give it a few days