parallels internet security 2009 won't update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by susan larsson, Jan 28, 2012.

1. susan larsson

susan larsson Junior Member

i've been away for a month and upon returning home received the message that the databases in parallels internet security 2009 are obsolete and the computer is at risk. i tell it to update, it runs for a brief amount of time, and then the same message appears. how do i update obsolete databases?

2. CatherineP

CatherineP Bit poster

Me too

I'll be watching for an answer.

3. Max.Brunner

Max.Brunner Bit poster

Me to: Parallels Internet Security 2009 Update is successful but signature stay old

Parallels Internet Security 2009 Update is successful but signature files stay still old.

Symtoms:
    - science few days signature get not anymore updated. the update process runs without any error and within the log file is also no warnings or errors. only informations and a succeeded message about the update.
    - deinstallation and new installation do NOT solve the issue.
    - activation and update works after reinstallation normally, without any errors.
    - signatures do not get update. After successful update the signatures stay in old version. dated to 2009.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Your licenses have most likely expired, Parallels Internet Security (actually Kaspersky Internet Security reskinned) was a promotional product that was free for an year or so.

5. Max.Brunner

Max.Brunner Bit poster

My license is not expired. I have last year 2011 at 9/17/2011 purchase a new
    license for 1 year .

6. CatherineP

CatherineP Bit poster

My license has not expired. it's good for another 41 days, however i won't be renewing unless this issue gets fixed

7. susan larsson

susan larsson Junior Member

and i paid for and renewed mine in November.

8. Snowdog

Snowdog Bit poster

Same problem here on three systems, all with current licenses. In fact, one license was just renewed 5 days ago! At best, it's annoying the users with constant pop-up messages about the databases being out of date, at worst it is driving me nuts! Can't believe there isn't a solution for this yet. And the solution had better not be to upgrade to a newer version of Parallels (we're on 5).

9. b4crest

b4crest Bit poster

Same problem here that started this week with over 300 days left on license

10. LeonidR

LeonidR Bit poster

ditto, and more

same problem here. Actually it looks like databases for some thread types are being updated but not all. Malware is stuck on 1/26/2012.

Looking for a solution I renewed my license even though it had over 200 days remaining. Installed new license code but the annoying warning persists. 2009 version of the product is probably approaching the end of its life cycle. Unfortunately the new license did not come with an option to install a new 2012 product even though online store lists 2012 Parallels Internet Security for the same price as 2009 license renewal. Very disappointed.

11. LeonidR

LeonidR Bit poster

Response from support

I opened a support request with Parallels on this issue. Here is the response that I think may be useful to others as well.

12. YanaYana

YanaYana

13. BigErik

BigErik Bit poster

kapersky must continue support

It is completely unacceptable that parallels would allow kapersky to cease supporting 2009. Refund or not.

What this tells me is NOT TO USE KAPERSKY!!!!!!!

Come on Parallels you can do better than this, can't you?!

This looks like a thinly veiled attempt by Parallels to "force" everyone to buy the upgrade version!!!!

Not acceptable. Bad form if that is the case. Booooo!

14. YanaYana

YanaYana

Erik,
    To tell the truth with KIS 2009 key you can upgrade to KIS 2012 for free in case you still have a valid license.

15. BigErik

BigErik Bit poster

Thanks!

I'll look into the free upgrade!!! Thank you!