Parallels is a great product, BUT...

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by davidc2, Dec 31, 2011.

1. davidc2

davidc2 Bit poster

Terrible terrible presales support. Correction. NO presales support.

I have tried on 3 separate occasions to PAY this company and BUY their product. I actually happen to like it a lot, and it works beautifully with my mac. But for christ sake, the purchasing website and current support model is ridiculous. Here is my problem. I try to pay on the registration site. I get to the point to the part where it asks you to choose payment method. I choose paypal. (at which point all the extra credit card fields disappear). I click continue. It then pops up with a screen that says that I should be getting a mail to shortly to confirm purchase and delivery information.

This mail never shows up.

Yes, I have checked my junkmail folders.
    Yes, I do receive other mail from parallels (I get all their offers to buy Parallel at a discount!!! Of which I have tried to do all this time.
    No, I will not use my credit card. Paypal payment is the only option. (sorry, I'm an internet paranoid)

Best part is, their support model is that you CANNOT even MAIL anyone to tell them your problems with ORDERING THEIR PRODUCT. You need to have a support code, and to have a code you need to have bought the product, which is what I am having problems doing!!!!

I have to resort to venting on this forum, with my frustration on trying to purchase a product.

It's Dec 31, and the discount for ordering is now $20 dollars off. But I really don't think I want to buy it anymore, due to the way that they treat their potential customers. (trying 3 times to buy, and being stopped by technical problems that you can get no help on is really frustrating)

2. EkaterinaZ

EkaterinaZ Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue.

I do see that you tried to purchase the software for the discounted price. I am sorry your order did not go through. I have contacted our order processing partner regarding this issue to clarify what went wrong and to see if they can assist.

If you still would like to purchase Parallels Desktop and your order is completed we will be glad to refund the discount amount to match the promotional price.

As for contacting Parallels support, please feel free to submit a support request for Customer Service and Licensing here:

http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

Or call:

Toll-free: +1 888-811-2489
    International: +1 703-579-0156

No support code is required if you contact Customer Service, only Technical Support is a paid service.

I will let you know as soon as I have any updates regarding your issue.

3. davidc2

davidc2 Bit poster

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    I have filled out a ticket. Thanks for the link. In the past when I followed links from the website to fill out a support ticket form, it just directed me to the main support page and it was not clear to me where this form was. I suspect the key difference now is that I have Signed in so it went somewhere useful.
    I think I did try to register an account as well, but the form asked for an activation key or a product id, which made me think that without which I cannot fill out the form ( Its marked with a 'required' red star!) so this is also a source of major confusion FYI. This time I just entered a fake key to get past it. You may want to make that more apparent for other users :)

I still do want to purchase the product. Let's see if they can get to the root of why my PayPal transactions never complete.

4. EkaterinaZ

Dear David,

I have created a ticket for you.

Please check your e-mail and reply to it with the requested information. Please make sure you do not change the subject of the e-mail.

5. JuanPerez

JuanPerez Junior Member

Same Problem

I experienced the same problem, finally after 4 or 5 phone calls & emails I was told by one of your support people that I would have to buy it again (loss discount) which I did.

I love Parallel but you ought to improve your support department which made me change from Fussion to Parallel

6. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello JuanPerez, I refunded $10.00 for order 9698567026 to match the promotional price.

7. JuanPerez

JuanPerez Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for the refund

But you guys have a great program but your CS is going to kill the goose that lay the golden egg

Juan

8. JuanPerez

JuanPerez Junior Member

Never got it

9. EkaterinaZ

Dear JuanPerez,

According to our records the refund was successfully processed.

Please contact the bank and have them check the transactions, the refund was credited back to your account on January 6.