Parallels kernel panicked the machine

Can you please explain how one has anything to do with the other? And can you explain how it could lead to a kernel panic?
 
Take a look at kernel trace you submitted
Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0x80d0d000
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.parallels.kext.vmmain(3.0)@0xcf4000->0xd03fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: vmware-vmx-debug

vmware process interrupts parallels not vice versa

The similar kb article can be published on Parallels site, but truth is that vmware interacts parallels process, not parallels vmware
 
Sorry, but you're misreading that log file. Of course, Fusion is showing up in the log. Parallels caused it to crash!

It's like you're trying to tell us you slammed into my car from behind and then point to pictures of my wrecked car and saying that proves I did it.
 
mauricev
Imagine that we published article that Vmware Fusion can crash Parallels Desktop and Mac OS if they are running at the same Mac?
I do not understand why you are sure that it is Parallels Desktop causing the crash?
I suggest you to create support ticket, and provide logs , developers will take a look into this
 
Yes I too would like to see this resolved. I can run vmware and virtual box at the same time. But I cannot run any other vm when Parallels is running. Immediate kernel panic if I start Parallels.
 
By chance is there an update on this issue, John?

(I use Parallels for my personal VM, but for work I sometimes also have to run a VMware Fusion VM.)
 
Back
Top