Parallels Mac Managment Upgrade Request

Discussion in 'Technical Questions Discussion' started by VenkateshM, Nov 19, 2018.

1. VenkateshM

VenkateshM Bit poster

Dear All,
    We are in SCCM 1710 with Parallels Mac Management 7.0 installed and configured.
    So my doubts are:
    If we upgrade PMM to 7.2,just by uninstalling and installing, will we loss PMM configuration which is already configured?
    and also we have a request to upgrade SCCM 1806, so what is the sequence of upgrade like first pmm 7.2 or SCCM 1806?

Please suggest me. Thank you.
    Venkatesh M

2. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team

Hello Venkatesh,

Instead of uninstalling and then installing Parallels Mac Management, you can just use the in-place upgrade, which is available starting from the version 7.
    You will still need to go through the configuration of the upgraded components, but almost all the settings will be there (except the accounts passwords) so you will be just clicking through the pages.

Regarding the upgrade sequence - we never heard about issues related to the upgrade of SCCM. You can do it either way.

Timofey.

3. VenkateshM

VenkateshM Bit poster

:)Thank you for valuable information Timofey!!:)
    Would you please help me to get any links or documents related to upgrade from 7.x to 7.x. Thanks for your support.
    Best Regards,
    Venkatesh M

4. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team