Parallels menubar items disappear, Quit won't ask me what I want

rkcarter

Junior Member
Hi,

I see two things that seem related to each other.

I mainly use Parallels (build 5584) in Coherence mode on a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X 10.5.2), at home with only the Mac's monitor, at work with it and another monitor (non-mirrored mode).

Every so often (at either place), the top menubar for Parallels will *only* show the leftmost "Parallels Desktop" item, and everything to the right (File, Edit, View, Actions, Devices, Applications, Help) are gone; the rest of the menubar is just blank.

I also have set in Parallels | Preferences | General:
"On application quit: Ask me what to do."

When the menubar is as above, if I Apple-Q on Parallels, sometimes Parallels just silently quits, rather than asking me if I should quit or suspend. I think this may be happening every time now; I don't recall seeing that before.
 
Same problem here. No pattern discernible at least to me. Re-installed Parallels this a.m. and so far so good. MacBook, 10.5.2, 5584. Just started in the last few days.
 
Back
Top