Parallels Mobile for Android?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SiegfriedB, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SiegfriedB

SiegfriedB Bit poster

Is it planned to launch an App for Android? It would be great to use an Android-Tablet and access from there my virtual machines running on my iMac.

2. EinarO

EinarO Bit poster

Use Wyse

In the meen time you can use Wyse on android to connect remotly to your computer, its supports VNC and Remote Desktop for Windows.

3. nick mackintosh

nick mackintosh Member

i too would like android

I personally use my nook for internet, alot now, and nook runs android! Id like to use my virtual machines remotely threw it!

4. robytrav

robytrav Bit poster

parallels mobile on ANDROID

i'm a new excited user of parallels mobile. on my IPHONE it looks GREAT.

Due to the limited dimension of the iPhone screen of course, the best solution would be to use a tablet instead of a phone....

UNFORTUNATELY me and some other thousand of people around the world doesn't have budget or want to buy an expensive APPLE IPAD.

I have a decent ANDROID TABLET that works very good for what i need and i think i'm not the only one....so WHY PARALLELS DOESN'T DEVELOP A MOBILE VERSION FOR ANDROID?

5. stinklyonion

stinklyonion Junior Member

Parallels is used on Mac.. that's just it.. i dont think they would ever create a version that you can run on Android..[​IMG]

6. QuiteTrite

QuiteTrite Bit poster

Mobile for Android - Yes, PLEASE!

I've been really impressed with the Parallels Mobile app on my iPhone, but find that it's screen is too small for me to use regularly when I'm out and about the town.

I normally use my Android Honeycomb tablet when I want to access my Macs remotely, attaching to the VNC service on the macs using Remotix VNC by doing an ssh into a gateway machine and port forwarding to the macs.

I'd really appreciate it if the people at Parallels would go ahead and release an android version of their mobile app...

Love the Parallels Desktop product. Have purchased the upgrades twice.

7. chemish

chemish Bit poster

+1 to this request. Love the software and would love to control my VMs from android tablet.

8. jeffware

jeffware Bit poster

Android mobile remote

I too would love to use my android to remote into my Parallels VMs. Add me to the Plus 1 crowd

9. timbck2

timbck2 Bit poster

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

10. jrock2004

jrock2004 Member

I tweeted the Parallels team and they said it was a good idea and that they would pass it along. I know it might not mean much but at least they heard me request it.

11. QuiteTrite

QuiteTrite Bit poster

Still no news about Parallels Mobile for Android...

Ok, it's been quite a while that no news has come across. Should we just figure that Parallels won't be releasing this product?

Sucks if so.

12. pNuker

pNuker Bit poster

Seriously?

Seriously?

Parallels is used on Mac, therefore every user using OS X does not have any interest in android mobile devices? Have you ever consider the possibility that many people use OS X but do not use iOS? Are you also aware that android has a 52% market share, while iOS only has 33%?

I happen to favor OS X over Windows, but absolutely can't stand the iOS platform in comparison to Android. I'm sure many feel the same way.

But anyways, parallels, please make an app for android :D