Parallels non compliant with Indian RBI guidelines

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by ManeeshR, Jan 5, 2022.

1. ManeeshR

ManeeshR Bit poster

I have tried making my parallels subscription renewal payment with multiple credit cards like HSBC and CitiBank and all of them have confirmed that you are NOT conforming to RBI guidelines of India and therefore all Credit Card Transactions are being blocked for you from India.

My parallels subscription has expired and I have to renew it. Could you tell me how do I make the payment now since you are not in compliance with Indian laws and who will be responsible if my data is lost.

This is highly shocking that a company like Parallels in non compliant with Indian laws. Kindly provide me an alternative way of payment so that I can pay and renew my subscription because a lot of my data is in the virtual machine and I cannot afford to lose it.

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @ManeeshR, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/6571 to create a support ticket and reply here with the ticket number, so we can assist you further. Thanks, McAllen

3. PrethamS

PrethamS Bit poster

Did your account renew completed

4. ManeeshR

ManeeshR Bit poster

Yes, but I had to contact someone I know in Canada and request her to make the renewal payment on my behalf and I in turn paid her the amount that she paid on my behalf. The renewal was done but it was a major inconvenience and I do hope parallels comes up with a solution for this before my next renewal.

5. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello ManeeshR, we are checking with our internal team, and we will get back to you as early as possible. Thanks.

6. Rahul_Serene

Rahul_Serene Bit poster

Hello @GampaA@Parallels we all are facing this issue, do we have a solution now?

7. Johnny9

Johnny9 Bit poster

After months and months of looooong contemplation I finally came to persuade my inner self to accept and pay the jaw dropping $100 Parallels Desktop 18 annual license fee only to find out that none of my Indian credit cards are getting through with the payment. I can't make out if I'm happy or sad. However, if Parallels team does manage to fix things up in compliance with the Reserve Bank of India rules about tokenisation of credit card details then I'd still be happy to shut my mouth and give them my money.

8. AnuragG

AnuragG Bit poster

I am also facing the same problem.
    When I try to pay and subscribe, my credit cards are getting declined.
    I don't see any alternate payment option. I don't have my paypal account.

9. Maxim Rasulov

Maxim Rasulov Staff Member

Hello.
    There were some conditions for payments implemented by RBI some time back, impacting auto-debit rules and PayPal agreements, essentially requiring 2-factor authentication in certain cases.
    For additional information, please check the following article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/128745
    Please check if setting up the 2-factor authentication with your bank will allow you to make a payment.

10. AnuragG

AnuragG Bit poster

I checked with my bank but it didn't help.
    Finally, I was able to pay via Paypal. The process is a little lengthy, but finally, i was able to make the payment and purchase was successful.
    I believe, Parallels will consider more options to pay like Google Pay, UPI, or other wallet payments to make the process smoother.

11. Renuka

Renuka Bit poster

@AnuragG
    Can you please tell me in detail, what are the steps for and T&C for Paypal.
    Thanks.

12. DEEPAK3

DEEPAK3 Bit poster

hi can u explain the detail process via PayPal. I have PayPal account, please explain

13. AkashM2

AkashM2 Bit poster

I had bought my subscription through PayPal in August 2022 using my Credit Card and it worked fine.
    After a year, when I was trying to renew my subscription, it wasn't working at all through Credit Card / PayPal.
    After trying out a bunch of things, it finally worked.

So I finally got it done through PayPal after deactivating Cleverbridge from the Automatic Payments tab in the PayPal Settings.
    To access this,
    Go to Settings > Payments > Automatic Payments
    Under "Show Active" tab, click on "cleverbridgeGmbH" and click the "Cancel" button to make the Status "Inactive"

I then tried paying through PayPal using my Credit Card, and it worked!
    Hope this helps

SrinivasanR and KunalB4 like this.
  14. KunalB4

KunalB4

After struggling with this and almost reaching my wit's end, AkashM2's post above really worked! Thank you so much for posting this solution!

SrinivasanR likes this.
  15. SrinivasanR

SrinivasanR

Thank You Akash(M2). Like Kunal says, I too have been struggling trying to get this credit card thing work. Half the time, it gets declined, the other half says "Payment Delayed" - says some manual processing is involved, but nothing really happens.
    I was wondering what to do, until I came across this post. Got my decades old Paypal a/c active again, tried & got through. Thanks a ton boss. You gave me a hint & it worked like a charm. Thanks again!