Parallels not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ajmount, May 28, 2012.

1. ajmount

ajmount Bit poster

I have an iMac 24" with version 10.6.8, partitioned with Windows 7 that has been running fine since installed several months ago, then yesterday it stopped working. The problem is that whenever I try to run a program, any program, that's in the My Boot Camp Applications folder on the dock, I get the following error:

There is no default application specified to open the document "program".

Program in quotes to mean the specific program I'm trying to start.

Accessing and running the programs by using Boot Camp works fine.

Any ideas on what's going on and more importantly, how to fix the issue? I'm assuming a reload of Parallels, but is that the best path to try? Thanks.

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Try to re-link Windows application with Mac. Go to Virtual Machine menu --> Configure --> Options --> Applications --> Uncheck all applications sharing there. Save it, restart Parallels Desktop and share everything back

3. KristieL

KristieL Bit poster

virtual machine menu

Where is this Virtual Machine menu that you describe? I am having the same issue on my macbook but can't try your suggestion until I know what to do. And I can't even open Parallels. The error when I try to open it is: "You can't open the application "Parallels Desktop.app" because it is not supported on this architecture."

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

do you have the latest 15104 PD build? do you run new Mountain Lion? please update your PD first in order to get to the menu