Parallels On 2019 Mac for Revit

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeffB48, Nov 27, 2023.

1. JeffB48

JeffB48 Bit poster

Hi all,
    i have a 2019 Macbook Pro, spec's attached. in the past i have bootcamped this computer to use Revit. I'm interested to see if anyone knows if i could use parallels in stead and how it would perform (as i am tired of having to re-boot everytime i need into revit). Any help would be appreciated.

jeff

Attached Files:

2. IraC

IraC Bit poster

I also have a 2019 MBP but I spec'd mine a bit higher. Performance is fine but the fan does tend to run on high after a period of time.

3. JeffB48

JeffB48 Bit poster

IraC,
    thanks for responding. what software do you run on your machine while in parallels? are you using Revit?

4. IraC

IraC Bit poster

No worries. I run Sonoma on Mac and Windows 11 in Parallels. I'm using Revit 2022 and Revit 2024. I've also used Rhino 7 on both Mac and Windows.

5. JeffB48

JeffB48 Bit poster

what specs does your machine have. i'm thinking it might be worth the upgrade to a 16" M3 and sell my machine. assuming you have more ram and a beafier processor?

6. IraC

IraC Bit poster

Here's a copy / paste:
    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

7. JeffB48

JeffB48 Bit poster

thank you. ya, your specs are a little more beefy than mine. i think it might be worth the upgrade to ensure. i appreciate your back and forth here.

8. IraC

IraC Bit poster

no problem! well if you're going to be running parallels regardless of machine, you might as well install it on your current machine and give a whirl. unless you're looking for a reason to upgrade, then this is as good a reason as any!