Parallels on Mojave ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ParallelsU120, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ParallelsU120

ParallelsU120 Bit poster

i'd like to upgrade my mac to mojave.
    has anyone tried running parallels once on mojave?

not talking about loading mojave as a guest on to parallels.
    wondering if anyones tried it yet. im running windows 7 on the VM.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ParallelsU120, Mac Os Mojave is not yet officially launched so once it is launched then we can check with its feature and compatibility.

Nosix likes this.
  3. ParallelsU120

ParallelsU120 Bit poster

thanks, i dont need an official response here. im looking for other parallels users who have upgraded their mac to mojave and have tested running parallels, using windows as a guest. just need to know that it works ok by someone whos tried it..

4. Chris31

Chris31 Bit poster

Hello together,
    I am a new Parallels user and have a question about purchasing a license for version 13.
    Is it still usable after the update to Mojave or does an update have to be purchased directly to continue using parallels?

Thank you for your answer.
    Best regards,
    Chris

5. AndreB10

AndreB10 Bit poster

Hi I'm using Windows 10 on Parallels 13 on macOS Mojave and put the system under a lot of stress (building large applications in Visual Studio). I encountered no issue so far.

Nosix likes this.
  6. Chris31

Chris31 Bit poster

Is there no parallels Support, that can answers my question as a potential new parallels user?

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Chris31, according to our latest research, Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac works stable on macOS 10.14 Mojave with no major issues. For more information, please check out this link.

AndreB10 likes this.
  8. Chris31

Chris31 Bit poster

Hello Paul Chris,

thank you for the answer. Nevertheless, it is not the answer to my question. My question is whether a new version of Parallels will have to be purchased after the release of the new update "Mojave". Therefore you can no longer use version 13. (in that case it wouldn't be worth buying version 13 now, if you have to buy a new version for the new update in a few weeks anyway) Is that so or can you still use version 13 after the new update?

Thanks for your answer

9. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Chris31 , It is not mandatory to purchase the next version of Parallels Desktop. Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac will support the newer version of Mac Os once it is officially released. Please subscribe to this article to know about the updates summary for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac.

AndreB10 likes this.
  10. GeorgeR2

GeorgeR2 Bit poster

Hi Andre! What is your configuration on mac? Or, do you now if can I run win 10 on parallels 13 on Mojave, with 128gb space and just 8gb RAM? Now I run it under High Sierra.
    Migrating from High Sierra to Mojave Beta is smooth? Do I need to reinstall any other apps or something? Thanks in advance!

11. AndreB10

AndreB10 Bit poster

That obviously depends on what you do with your Mac, which is probably different from what I do. Maybe ask some Mac forums for it.
    In essence, Parallels 13.3.2 works for me under Mojave without any issues.