Parallels Optimization Automatically Changing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DanielN13, Feb 14, 2022.

1. DanielN13

DanielN13 Bit poster

Parallels keeps automatically changing the resource usage in optimization settings to low. No matter what setting I set it to, Parallels always changes it back to low. Has anybody encountered this problem or know of a fix?

AldoE likes this.
  2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello DanielN13, please reply to us in a personal message with the email address, and purchase reference number. Thanks.

3. HunterB1

HunterB1 Bit poster

Hello, I'm also having this exact problem, even tried locking the settings but it still changes.

4. AldoE

AldoE Bit poster

I have the same issue and it is very annoying. I set the optimisation o "no limit" and randomly it goes back to low. I only notice this because Windows becomes sluggish and slow.

5. JustinG14

JustinG14 Bit poster

Hello I'm having the same problem. Please advise the fix ASAP. Thank you

6. Katie5

Katie5 Bit poster

I am still having this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

7. StewartS3

StewartS3 Bit poster

Same here, happens every once in a while. I have taken to just checking the setting every time before launching the VM, and after shutting it down. Weird and annoying. For me when Resource Usage is Low, Windows 11 is essentially non-responsive, even to a request to shut down. I have to kill Parallels entirely.

8. StewartS3

StewartS3 Bit poster

I got a reply from Parallels Support. They recommend disabling Travel Mode entirely.

"Please try to disable Travel Mode using either steps:

- On the Mac menu bar, click on the Parallels Desktop icon > Action > Quit Travel Mode.
    - On the virtual machine's configuration > Options > Travel Mode, set Enter automatically to Never.

Afterwards, please check the Resource Usage slider abd make sure it is set to No Limit. Test and observe the virtual machine if the slider still reverts back to the lowest state."​

Have only tried it a day or two but it seems to be working.