Parallels Performance Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertG29, Nov 20, 2020.

1. RobertG29

RobertG29 Bit poster

Trying to install Parallels/Windows10 on a MacBook Pro...15inch, Mid 2015 with 1, 2.2 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7 Processor and 16GB Ram. Parallels continually crashes during boot ups. Is Big Sur and Parallels 16 too big for my computer. I had absolutely no problems before the Big Sur/Parallels 16 upgrades. I've tried all of your resolutions to remedy the problem.

2. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Which hypervisor are you using?

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. Did you get any specific error message before or after the crash?
    Also could you try to change your Hypervisor to Apple (VM configurations -> CPU -> Advanced -> Hypervisor) and check the issue please?

4. RobertG31

RobertG31 Bit poster

I apologize for not responding sooner. To update, I have been in direct contact w/Parallels tech support. They have given me a setup to install to see if that will work. I was also able to TimeMachine a 16.0.0 version of Parallels which is currently working flawlessly.
    As to your query, I tried both Apple and Parallels Hypervisor, both yielding the same effect...Windows crash.
    There was no error message after first opening Parallels and Windows, but when the system crashed after trying to work w/the 3rd party app, the error message shown was "Suspending". And that's exactly what it did. Repeatedly.
    As I said, all is well now w/16.0.0. I'm going to install tech's latest offering to see if it works.
    I'll post results here. Again, I'm sorry for not responding to your posts sooner. I do appreciate the interest and outreach.
    Stay safe.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. @RobertG31 we are looking forward to your feedback.