Parallels Printer Problems after Multiple Hardware Failures

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TobyT, Apr 22, 2019.

1. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

Over a five-week period, I had multiple issues with hardware on my iMac. Because I could not access Parallels 10 to prevent it from loading, once we finally got the hard drive working, I got a message that I had to buy a new license. I was NEVER able to activate because one major issue was an inability to access the internet (all other computers on the network were able to do so). I had been running v10 after downgrading from v12 due to printer issues.

I reinstalled v12, thinking I could work around the printer problem, but I cannot. I absolutely, positively cannot print in duplex from the Windows XP Guest in v12. Given that I have to use duplex for most of my documents, I am currently having to publish to a pdf file and transport it to the Mac desktop in order to print. I do not synchronize Mac printers because Parallels insists on installing a terrible HP driver which lacks duplex printing support onto my Brother laser printer. This is a serious problem. I have no interest in any future versions of Parallels because I am running a legacy Windows XP Pro OS.

Whereas I realize Parallels does not want people to take advantage of repeat installations, in this case, I was in a terrible position - unable to stop Parallels from loading, unable to active the startup with my good license due to no internet access (but Parallels was keeping track), and now face having to buy a license for a product which has actually been installed on my iMac exactly TWICE. I do not like v12 and don't understand why it fouls up my ability to print in duplex. I've been a loyal Parallels customer since version 4!
    TobyT