Parallels Support on Vacation? 5626

jrossitter

Junior Member
I tried to use Parallels e-mail support/help, but they seem to be closed for the holidays. So I'll try here.

I downloaded parallels–desktop-5626-Mac-en yesterday after having the usual problems with your the version 3 build 5626 update (disk image failed to mount). When I click on it I am asked whether I wish to open or save the file. No matter how many times I click on open, nothing happens. What do I do now?
 
John--please reread my message.

John--that's the file I already downloaded. What do I do with it? Should I click "save," rather than "open"?
 
Then what? Do I have to have XP open when I install? Do I have to disable antivirus software? Do I have to uninstall Parallels Tools?....
 
Do I have to have XP open when I install?
No
Do I have to disable antivirus software?
Yes
Do I have to uninstall Parallels Tools?....
Yes
 
John--The install screen has been open for 10 minutes, with nothing happening. Should I have uninstalled Parallels Desktop before starting the install of build 5626? Is there anything else you forgot to tell me?
 
Back
Top