Parallels Toolbox Doesn't Work On YouTube Anymore

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by JasonH15, Jul 28, 2018.

1. JasonH15

JasonH15 Bit poster

It's come to my attention that YouTube has taken countermeasures against Parallels Toolbox by disabling all audio when attempting to download or capture videos and audios. In addition, when downloading videos, the video length time is doubled. Is there a workaround on the countermeasure, is Parallels working on an update that'll counteract YouTube's restrictions, or is everyone SOL?

PS - It should be noted that Parallels Toolbox still works fine on other websites; just not on YouTube.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JasonH15, We do see that you have contacted one of our support channel for the same issue, kindly follow the instructions provided.

3. AndyTheJunkFoodKing

AndyTheJunkFoodKing Member

Can i get an update on this issue as well?

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @AndyTheJunkFoodKing, can you please send us a technical report via Parallels Toolbox menu > cogwheel > Help > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here. Also, please share a link to YouTube video that doesn't work, or any link doesn't?

5. BuckytownP

BuckytownP Bit poster

Any luck on this issue AndyTheJunkFoodKing? I'm going through the same thing

6. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @BuckytownP, please try again now, there was an issue with Toolbox library that downloads videos, we've fixed it.
    This library updates in background, to update manually go to Toolbox > cogwheel > Check for Updates...
    No update will be found, but the library will be updated.