Parallels Toolbox for Mac won't launch

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by NestorH, Apr 24, 2019.

1. NestorH

NestorH Member

I wanted to try out Toolbox for Mac and followed the instructions that take you to Preferences>Toolbox tab. When I click on the Open button, nothing happens. Any advice?

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hi,

Looks like Parallels Toolbox is already installed on your mac - otherwise you would see "Install" not "Open" in Preferences->Toolbox tab.
    Try to launch Toolbox via Launchpad or just go to your Application folder and find Parallels Toolbox here.
    Let me know about results, please.

3. NestorH

NestorH Member

I got it to work but had to play some upgrade/downgrade ping pong. Apparently the version that came with my Parallels software was 1.5.2 and that didn't launch from anywhere even though I did get an "Open" button. On a hunch, I downloaded and tried to install the latest version (3. something) but when that launched, I got an error message that I had to downgrade, which I did. The downgraded version is 2.0.4 and that works. I'm still running El Capitan so that may be the reason for the downgrade.

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

What version of Parallels Desktop are you using? Permanent Parallels Desktop license has some restrictions for what version of Parallels Toolbox can be used.

5. NestorH

NestorH Member

Version 12.2.1