Parallels Tools crashed Windows 10 on P11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AnthonyS3, Aug 24, 2015.

1. AnthonyS3

AnthonyS3 Bit poster

So...I finally was able to get an upgrade to go completely through from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro (both 64bit) under Parallels 11. In order to do so I did the following.

-Uninstalled Parallels tool while in Win 7
    -Upgraded using info from KB - used Media Creation tool to make USB

So I got into Win 10 and then installed parallels tools. restart....BLACK SCREEN FOR OVER AN HOUR!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Anthony,
    In the VM menu Devices > CD/DVD > connect image > navigate to /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/prl-tools-win.iso
    once mounted try to install tools. If it fails, please send a problem report:
    - in VM menu bar: Help > Send Technical Data
    - once sent, it will show it's 8-digid ID number. please specify ID number here so I could take a look at the tools installation logs.

3. KishoreS1

KishoreS1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue....very annoying.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, Since we need to investigate deeper, please email us the issue description along with the screenshot to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.

5. KishoreS1

KishoreS1 Bit poster

Hi Paul - I sent the info 3 days ago to the email address you mentioned...no response yet. This is very frustrating as I cannot use my Windows 10 (the very reason I bought Parallels Desktop SW). May be I should have gone with VMware Fusion instead...:(
    Here are the details (again) --
    - Parallels Desktop for Mac Version 11.1.0 (32202)
    - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
    - Guest VM - Windows 10
    Issue - When I start my Windows 10 instance in the Parallels Desktop, it automatically starts to download the latest version of Parallels tools. After the download is finished the Parallels Tools installations agent attempts to restart the Windows 10 VM. It is at this point the system hangs with the Windows 10 light blue screen showing the word 'Restarting' and the white dots circling forever. The system never comes out of this mode. The only option I am left with is to restore from an old Time Machine backup but then the process restarts all over again. The system used to work fine before. This issue has cropped up only after the latest Parallels Desktop upgrade followed by the Parallels Tools upgrade.
    Need a fix ASAP.
    Thanks

6. Hey, please generate the problem report right after the issue reproducing. Please use this KB in order to generate the report and reply is with the report ID

7. SatishHome

SatishHome Bit poster

I have a same issue yesterday after the update to the latest 11 ver. Parallel tools fails to install and Windows 10 has gone bonkers with the Win 10 screen Flashing like a Disco Flasher .. Called up Support and spent 30 min in the morning and 45 min in the evening . No Success .
    Supoprt Guy ENDED UP telling me the MEMORY on my MAC AIR is not sufficient -- I have 4GB on the MAC AIR and i5 processor ..
    Looks like Parallels is doing its testing and development at our cost and time ..
    Was really happy with Parallels 9 and should have NEVER UPGRADED to this big **** ver 11
    Should really think to DUMP Parallels and move on to Other VM

8. oztrev

oztrev Member

Yeah, level 1 support is "interesting" - I was told my issue (unable to merge snapshots) was caused by too many VMs! Level 2 support rocks though.