Parallels Tools Install Locks up

Shaun Sullivan

Bit poster
Parallels Version: 6.0
Host OS: Snow Leopard
Guest: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Problem: Tools install continually locks up

What I have tried:

- Followed KB articles:
- Uninstalled and deleted existing tools install in Windows 7
- Removed registry keys
- Attempted re-install (about 10 times)

Found the following in my event log:

Failed to create restore point (Process = C:\Windows\system32\DrvInst.exe "4" "0" "C:\Users\shauns\AppData\Local\Temp\{217a91ac-10e0-421e-1a50-2f7acfd0465c}\prl_scsi.inf" "9" "6c3e6131b" "00000000000004A4" "WinSta0\Default" "00000000000004DC" "208" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Drivers\prl_scsi"; Description = Device Driver Package Install: Parallels Storage controllers; Error = 0x81000101).


Help!
 
What do you mean by locks up? You can't access anything in Windows?

Do you have a virtual hard disk or CD/DVD with a SCSI location? If so, then try switching it to IDE or SATA. If not, then switch one to SCSI.
 
All set

Okay I don't have a solution but it is working now. When I said locked up, I was referring to the install just hanging, not Windows. Well after some research, I saw where somebody simply waited for many hours and it ultimately completed.

So, I tried the same, and sure enough after 4.5 hours it did in fact finish.

Hope this helps, especially for people who face the same issue.
 
Back
Top