Parallels Tools Installation Agent Fails to Install on RHEL 8 VM on iMAC

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by RANDYS6, Oct 22, 2021.

1. RANDYS6

RANDYS6 Bit poster

I created an RHEL 8.3 VM with Parallels on my iMac. Each time I launch the RHEL 8.3 machine Parallels Tools Installation Agent attempts to install Parallels tools and it fails. Error Message: An error has occurred while installing Parallels Tools. Restart the virtual machine and try again. If the problem persists, see /var/log/parallels-tools-install.log for more information.

In reviewing the log the only issue that appears is that

Started installation of Parallels Guest Tools version '16.1.3.49160'
    Updating Subscription Management repositories.
    Unable to read consumer identity

This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.

Error: There are no enabled repositories in "/etc/yum.repos.d", "/etc/yum/repos.d", "/etc/distro.repos.d".
    o dkms
    o hpijs

Error during report about start installation of parallels tools.

This is not correct because I currently have three (3) repos registered and listed in /etc/yum.repos.d:
    • adobe-linus-x86_64.repo;
    • pgdg-redhat-all.repo; and
    • redhat.repo
    It's been many many years since I worked in a Linux environment and I'm trying to get back up to speed again.
    If I remember correctly, when I first created this VM Parallels Tools was successfully installed. This issue occurred after an update.
    Is there another repo that needs to be registered?
    I've attached the log and appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

Attached Files: