Parallels Tools not installing on new Fedora 34 release

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JoshuaS12, Apr 30, 2021.

1. JoshuaS12

JoshuaS12 Bit poster

I've tried following this: https://kb.parallels.com/en/118876 without any luck. I've attached the installation log. Is this something I'll have to wait for an update from Parallels?

Attached Files:

2. SebastianW6

SebastianW6 Bit poster

Hi. Same problem here. Workaround: Load and install Fedora 33 from the Parallels selection screen. The Parallels tools will be automatic installed after the system install. Then upgrade to Fedora 34. This got me a working Fedora 34 with Parallels Tools.

3. JoshuaS12

JoshuaS12 Bit poster

Unfortunately I just tried that and got the same error. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. AndersonS3

AndersonS3 Bit poster

Actually, what you have to do is install Fedora 33, which will install Parallels Tools, then exclude kernel* from upgrades by editing /etc/dnf/dnf.conf -- then upgrade to Fedora 34... and your original kernel from Fedora 33 which works with Parallels Tools should stay intact. I do wish the good people from Parallels would release an update so it just works on the latest kernels.

5. SergeyO4

SergeyO4 Bit poster

Unfortunately this is not option for me: I wanted to install Fedora KDE 34 aarch64 version which doesn't have older revisions of iso images :(

6. paula24

paula24 Bit poster

I am having this error. I am so sick of parallels. I think i am done and changing to vmware.