Parallels Tools still not working on Kali

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by DarkstarTom, May 26, 2018.

1. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

I'm using Parallels Desktop 13.3.1 (43365) for Mac. This version was meant to fix the Parallels Tools not installing on Kali problem but it hasn't. Using Kali 2018.2 and trying to install Parallels Tools gives an error saying that linux-headers-4.15.0-kali2-amd64 and printer-driver-postscript-hp are not installed and to install them manually. After doing a system update after installing Kali I already had linux-headers-4.15.0-kali3-amd64 and printer-driver-postscript-hp version 3.17.10+repack0-5) installed. I am not going to downgrade packages just to try to get Parallels working. I'm going back to VirtualBox which works great and is free.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DarkstarTom.
    Please reproduce this scenario, generate a Technical Data Report while the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate. Thank you for your co-operation.

3. ChristianL8

ChristianL8 Bit poster

I have had it with Parallels now, won't upgrade but move to VirtualBox, which is - as DarkstarTom rightfully pointed out - free of charge!

What is the matter here with all the investigation that needs to take place? The topic is months old and Parallels is either not interested to solve it or just incapable. Verry poor!

4. HakanK2

HakanK2 Bit poster

Could you please try this:
    (Considering Parallels Tools is mounted on cdrom0)

umount /media/cdrom0
    mount -o exec /media/cdrom0

Now run the install script. Hope this helps.

BryanR5 and mustafay1 like this.
  5. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

Thank you so much HakanK2 that worked and I finally have Kali 2018.2 running on Parallels!

HakanK2 likes this.
  6. HakanK2

HakanK2 Bit poster

I'm glad it worked. :)

7. BryanR5

BryanR5 Bit poster

You da man, HakanK2!!! Thanks so much!