I thought I should post my problem here too, and not only as a support request (Ticket ID: Parallels #2274191). Hopefully it helps if it happens to someone else.
Updated Parallels yesterday to 32581, and after that tried to install Parallels Tools.
That installation failed so I decided to update the mac to 10.11.5. That also failed somehow, it wouldn't boot up. (Might be unrelated) Made a clean install of 10.11.5 and a new install of Parallels 11, and moved my .pvm-files to the new system. The .pvm-files contain VM's from after I tried to install Parallels Tools.
The install proceeds to 69% then fails. Looking at the .log-file it seems to have something to do with a Plug&Play device, but I'm no expert...
I have also tried installing without any USB-devices attached, and without ANY startup items or services in Win10 Pro.
I have also followed KB: http://kb.parallels.com/en/8969 without success. Parallels Tools isn't even listed among installed apps.
The failed install has led to problems with screen resolution within Parallels, and I've also lost the connection between Mac/Win (shared folders).
The install DOES however work on Win8.1 Pro, but I'd rather not have to clone that and upgrade to 10 again since I have removed a lot of Autodesk applications from 8.1 to save space. (They also take 6-8 hours to install and setup correctly).
Any help would be appreciated!
Updated Parallels yesterday to 32581, and after that tried to install Parallels Tools.
That installation failed so I decided to update the mac to 10.11.5. That also failed somehow, it wouldn't boot up. (Might be unrelated) Made a clean install of 10.11.5 and a new install of Parallels 11, and moved my .pvm-files to the new system. The .pvm-files contain VM's from after I tried to install Parallels Tools.
The install proceeds to 69% then fails. Looking at the .log-file it seems to have something to do with a Plug&Play device, but I'm no expert...
I have also tried installing without any USB-devices attached, and without ANY startup items or services in Win10 Pro.
I have also followed KB: http://kb.parallels.com/en/8969 without success. Parallels Tools isn't even listed among installed apps.
The failed install has led to problems with screen resolution within Parallels, and I've also lost the connection between Mac/Win (shared folders).
The install DOES however work on Win8.1 Pro, but I'd rather not have to clone that and upgrade to 10 again since I have removed a lot of Autodesk applications from 8.1 to save space. (They also take 6-8 hours to install and setup correctly).
Any help would be appreciated!