Parallels Transporter Server 2008 (virtualized)

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by chris.h, Nov 20, 2013.

1. chris.h

chris.h Bit poster

Hello,

I'm using Parallels Desktop 8 for the Mac (Build 8.0.18608) and trying to migrate a virtualized (VPS box at a popular hosting site) Windows Server 2008 to my Mac for development purposes.

I've installed the transporter software on the windows box and I can connect to it from my mac, but I get the error message of: "An error occured while collecting the information about the source computer. The necessary drivers for Parallels Transporter Agent could not be found. Reinstall Parallels Transporter Agent and try again."

Does anybody have any suggestions on where things may be going wrong? I've migrated other virtualized windows boxes but I don't think I've ever done a Server 2008.

Thanks!
    Chris

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi Chris

It is possible that something was wrong during Parallels Transporter Agent installation.
    Please, check that you use latest version of Parallels Transporter Agent for Parallels Desktop 8. Then try http://kb.parallels.com/en/5074
    If it doesn't help, please send a problem report from Parallels Transporter Agent (do left mouse button click on icon in upper left corner of Parallels Transporter Agent window and choose "Report a Problem ...") then post report ID here.

Thanks.