Parallels upgrade stuck

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by DanielH45, Apr 26, 2023.

1. DanielH45

DanielH45 Bit poster

After not using Parallels for a while, I needed it again. The version I purchased in 2017 no longer works. The trial upgrade worked so I bought the Desktop 18 version (not subscription). After downloading, my install is stuck at 23%. What can I do?

2. DanielH45

DanielH45 Bit poster

More: I see it was Windows 7 (!). I wonder if this is part of the problem.

3. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Use the link below to download and install the latest build of Parallels Desktop using this link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.2.0-53488/ParallelsDesktop-18.2.0-53488.dmg
    If you are still facing an issue with upgrading Parallels Desktop, for us to further investigate the technical issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Thanks

4. DanielH45

DanielH45 Bit poster

Thanks for your input. I have followed directions and Report ID is 423727518

5. DanielH45

DanielH45 Bit poster

Should I somehow remove Windows 7 and use a newer version? My MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) is currently running Monterey 12.6.5.