Parallels with original Windows Keyboard

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Jesper, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Jesper

Jesper Bit poster

Hello!

I'm on a Mac mini running Windows 10 using Parallels 12 trial version. I got hold of an Logitech USB-keyboard standard Windows keyset. How can I configure Parallels to stop trying to convert from Mac-keys to Windows-keys? I It's seems like I can't use the alt / alt-gr keys. I've tried disabling all keyboard shortcuts in Parallels settings but the keys wont work as they should. I simply wan't the keyboard to act as a normal windows keyboard.

I'm grateful for tips!

Best
    J

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Jesper. Here is a blog on a similar subject. Please have a look-see and check if you can find the information you require.

3. EliasR1

EliasR1 Bit poster

Hello!

Any fix for this other than to map keys? Just want to use my original windows keyboard and get it to act like it would on a pc.

For example I have switched Cmd to alt and option to start, but when I do that i cant type characters like {[ and so on.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you connect the Windows keyboard directly to the virtual machine you can achieve it but until you connect the keyboard back to Mac you cannot use keyboard on the Mac side. You can use Devices > External Device and connect the keyboard directly to Windows.