Parallels won't start under a specific user account ...

PhilippO

Bit poster
Hi!

I've got a problem here with Parallels Destkop 4 under Leopard. I looked through different sources to solve the problem, but haven't found a solution.

We have PD installed on one machine and using network home accounts which are hosted on a Leopard Server. PD starts up a Boot Camp Installation and all runs well for most of the users. Only one user gets an error: "Der für die ordnungsgemäße Ausführung von Parallels Desktop erforderliche Ordner steht nicht zur Verfügung. [...]", which translates as "The folder which is needed to run Parallels Desktop accordingly is not available. Reinstall the program." I did that more than once.

One of the errors in the Konsole is
com.apple.launchd[317] ([0x0-0xfc0fc].com.parallels.desktop.console[10589]) Exited with exit code: 5

Is there anything I can do, a pref-file to delete or anything so that this user can use PD again?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Phil
 
Another approach ...

Hi again,

let's try this way:

Which are the files to delete in order to reset the preferences of Parallels for a user.

Thanks ...
 
Hi,

i get the same error massage! I'm using PD4 on a Snow Leopard system. After updating everything run well first. Then the Updates stop while setup and then the program doesn't start anymore and the error Massage "Der für die ordnungsgemäße Ausführung von Parallels Desktop erforderliche Ordner steht nicht zur Verfügung.
Installieren Sie das Programm erneut." is shown.

I also deinstalled the program and setup it again. Still the same Message. Does anybody have an Idea what to do?

Thanks


Jan
 
There seems to be a problem ...

... with this. There is no solution here and my support-ticket isn't answered either. I sent it in approx. 6 weeks ago.

Regards, Phil
 
Back
Top