I recently upgraded my mac air (10.7.5) to Parallels 8 running Win7, and have identified two odd (and seemingly connected) behaviors related to aero snap when using coherence:
1.) When trying to use keyboard shortcuts for aero snap, the program window (e.g. Outlook) changes position but does not change size. Additionally, the program window does not snap fully to one side- it only does this 3/4 of the way, and I cannot move it further. However, using my mouse to manually move the window results in the expected behavior- readjusted size and position of the program window to the side of the screen in which it's been dragged.
2.) When performing the "keyboard" method for aero snap mentioned above, the mouse orientation seems to get knocked off-center. This results in the inability to click on an object despite the cursor hovering right over it. I do notice however that other objects on the screen that are on the same vertical axis as my cursor do respond when clicking. This leads me to suspect either an issue with the display or mouse settings might be the root cause. It should be noted that the mouse functions fine until I perform the aero snap keyboard function. Further, if I exit out of parallels, the odd behavior goes away, and things work normally again.
To troubleshoot, I verified that the "disable windows aero" was unchecked, and also tested with it checked without any success. I also re-installed Parallels tools without success.
Any thoughts or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!
1.) When trying to use keyboard shortcuts for aero snap, the program window (e.g. Outlook) changes position but does not change size. Additionally, the program window does not snap fully to one side- it only does this 3/4 of the way, and I cannot move it further. However, using my mouse to manually move the window results in the expected behavior- readjusted size and position of the program window to the side of the screen in which it's been dragged.
2.) When performing the "keyboard" method for aero snap mentioned above, the mouse orientation seems to get knocked off-center. This results in the inability to click on an object despite the cursor hovering right over it. I do notice however that other objects on the screen that are on the same vertical axis as my cursor do respond when clicking. This leads me to suspect either an issue with the display or mouse settings might be the root cause. It should be noted that the mouse functions fine until I perform the aero snap keyboard function. Further, if I exit out of parallels, the odd behavior goes away, and things work normally again.
To troubleshoot, I verified that the "disable windows aero" was unchecked, and also tested with it checked without any success. I also re-installed Parallels tools without success.
Any thoughts or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated!