paralles ethernet adapter not compatible with Windows 7

MPalare

Bit poster
Hi everybody,

I have an Windows 7 upgrade version and try to upgrade from an Windows XP version in parallels 7. Windows XP is working fine including the internet connection.

The Windows upgrade advisor identifies the following problem:

Parallels ethernet adapter - not compatible - the for this machine installed driver is not compatible with windows 7

I can`t figure out how to solve the problem. When I ignore the problem report, Windows 7 has no internet connection anymore.

Does anybody know a solution?
 
Thanks for the tip but I tried this without effect on the problem report.

I tried also the problem report without installed parallels tools which showed also a problem with the ethernet adapter (not named parallels ethernet adapter)
I doubt if the windows update advisor is working probably, the findings are not correct overall (1 GB RAM instead of 8 GB which on my system.)

So I´m still grateful for any tip
 
Which version of Parallels are you using? I know version 6 and 7 are compatible with Windows 7. I never tried it with previous versions so I don't know if Parallels Tools provided with them works or not.

Also, are you running Windows 7 in 32 bit or 64 bit?

If you check DeviceManager is there another ethernet adaptor present? If so I'd remove that, restart, reinstall Parallels Tools and see what happens.

On my 64 bit Windows 7 installation my Network Adaptor is called Intel (R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection.
 
Back
Top