Parrallels 10, Window 7 Guest

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Alex_Samad, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

Hi

Since upgrading to P10 I am having great problems moving windows between screens.

I have a retina mac book pro, connected to 2 x 24" screens and I use the laptop display as well. This worked fine on P9.

When I move to a different screen the first mouse click doesn't work and dragging windows is painful.

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

Ta

The KB is a bit our of date, the selection aren't the same.
    I will give it a go

4. Gregg_Wonderly

Gregg_Wonderly Bit poster

Parallels 10 is very, very bad about display management. What in the world happened to the software to create such a dramatic reduction in functionality?

5. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

OKay that was a complete waste of time and now I have to go back and fix up my display setting ...

6. CICEROF

CICEROF Bit poster

I had a problem like this. I solved turning parallels of, moving to trash, empty trash, restart system, and reinstall parallels. Worked 100%

7. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

Hmm, sounds interesting, but also a bit of a pain, I have to go and find my lic #
    But it sounds a bit like MS, doing an upgrade should cause this sort of problem.

I have also noticed, when I have multiple screens open and I open a mstsc (remote desktop ) to another windows server, when I click off it pops up that message saying the numlock key has been held down. does it every time I clock off the MSTSC windows. and I have noticed on some mstsc I have caps lock on .

So something funky is going on.

8. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

Okay took the plung. deleted reinstalled, reinstalled tools.

Still having problems. still having the numlock symptom as well.

I thinking this has something to do with keyboard but not sure what. maybe syncing numlock across displays.

anyway its huge step backwards.

9. Alex_Samad

Alex_Samad Junior Member

So Latest version has been a complete pain.

Still got mouse issues and now it crashes when it does the daily snapshot