Pause Automatically?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MikeBappe, Jul 28, 2012.

1. MikeBappe

MikeBappe Bit poster

Is it possible to configure Parallels to pause the virtual machine(s) automatically on various events? For example, I'd like to be able to configure it to pause automatically when I minimize. And/or when I have a VM as a full screen app on Mac and it is not the app that is visible. And/or when the VM Windows does not have the focus. And/or when no VM Window has the focus in Coherence mode.

I'd like this feature primarily to extend the battery life on my laptop.

Does pausing a VM cause a burst of activity? For example, does Parallels actively free the RAM used by the VM? If so, and I'm pausing and unpausing frequently, then it might not be good for the battery. But if pausing simply stops the virtual cpus from working, then automatic pausing should make Parallels much more valuable to me for use on my laptop.

As is, Parallels is too much of a drain on my battery for me to be able to use it when I'm running on battery. :-(

2. zjgolf44

zjgolf44 Bit poster

Auto-Pause Key or Timeout

I'd like this feature as well. Something that pauses after hitting a quick key, or after some timeout period of not using Windows / Or loosing focus on windows.