I can't imagine this hasn't come up before but I couldn't find anything about this problem in a search of the archive. My PC died due to a motherboard fault but the primary drive with the OS and my Windows apps is fine. I put the drive in an external enclosure and it's fully readable so I'd like to use it to setup a VM. Can this be done? I don't want to install/run from the external drive (there are lots of threads about that!), just use it to create the VM. Think of it as transporting from a PC without the PC actually running. I haven't found anything in the documentation or my searches explaining how a complete Windows install could be used directly from an external drive without Windows running to create a new VM. Can anyone help me with this? It would be a huge relief to have both my data AND my Windows apps back up and running.
THANKS! in advance for any help you can provide.
Larry
THANKS! in advance for any help you can provide.
Larry