I am evaluating Paralell 3 and VM Fusion.
I had a tremendous number of problems with installing Paralells - crashes, not responding, etc. At first I though I would just move on to try v4, but the posts I read on that were pretty discouraging.
I am a power PC users switching to a macbook pro, so I am initially loading a log of windows xp software in the VM.
Here are my problems:
In Windows XP Pro VM: An Iomega (PL-2506) USB 250 Gig will not connect to Windows. The profile is set up for USB Enable, ask which OS to connect it to. In the guest OS, the Devices Menu, USB, shows a check by PL-2506 USB Storage, but is not visible with windows explorer. It does work fine in Mac OS.
In Windows XP Pro VM: An Iomega 1TB Store Center network drive is not accessible from Windows. The Windows Iomega Discovery Tool does not find it, and Start, My Computer, Map Network drive does not see it to map to. It does work fine in Mac OS and shows as Iomega-022e52. In Bonjour for windows, it shows up briefly and then disappears in left column.
The delete key on the mac keyboard does not delete. For example, if you are in outlook 07 and have an email highlighted and press delete, it does not delete it (it appears to backspace). Same is true if you highlight a short cut on the desktop and press the deleted button. I realize backspace deleted is what it is in mac, but how do you make it delete in win VM
Not sure how to change resolution of screen. The mac is a high definition screen, so everying in windows (like menu options) looks very small. On a PC, you would just right click on the desktop change resolution.
Finally, with outlook 07 looking at email, if you click the X to delete an email, it is so slow that you think you have not deleted it, so you click X again, and then you have deleted move that one email. Is this type of slowness just the way it is?
Thanks for all yoru help
bob
I had a tremendous number of problems with installing Paralells - crashes, not responding, etc. At first I though I would just move on to try v4, but the posts I read on that were pretty discouraging.
I am a power PC users switching to a macbook pro, so I am initially loading a log of windows xp software in the VM.
Here are my problems:
In Windows XP Pro VM: An Iomega (PL-2506) USB 250 Gig will not connect to Windows. The profile is set up for USB Enable, ask which OS to connect it to. In the guest OS, the Devices Menu, USB, shows a check by PL-2506 USB Storage, but is not visible with windows explorer. It does work fine in Mac OS.
In Windows XP Pro VM: An Iomega 1TB Store Center network drive is not accessible from Windows. The Windows Iomega Discovery Tool does not find it, and Start, My Computer, Map Network drive does not see it to map to. It does work fine in Mac OS and shows as Iomega-022e52. In Bonjour for windows, it shows up briefly and then disappears in left column.
The delete key on the mac keyboard does not delete. For example, if you are in outlook 07 and have an email highlighted and press delete, it does not delete it (it appears to backspace). Same is true if you highlight a short cut on the desktop and press the deleted button. I realize backspace deleted is what it is in mac, but how do you make it delete in win VM
Not sure how to change resolution of screen. The mac is a high definition screen, so everying in windows (like menu options) looks very small. On a PC, you would just right click on the desktop change resolution.
Finally, with outlook 07 looking at email, if you click the X to delete an email, it is so slow that you think you have not deleted it, so you click X again, and then you have deleted move that one email. Is this type of slowness just the way it is?
Thanks for all yoru help
bob